
Quetta: The protest camp of Voice for Baloch Missing Persons (VBMP) against enforced disappearances continued for the 6085th consecutive day on Friday outside the Quetta Press Club.
During the protest, family members of Manzoor Ahmed, son of Abdullah Jatoi, and Bagan Khan, son of Nawab Khan who were reportedly killed in a fake encounter in Barkhan, joined the sit-in and recorded their protest against the extrajudicial killings of their previously missing loved ones.
Abdullah Jatoi told VBMP that his son Manzoor Ahmed had been taken into custody by Pakistani security forces from the Dhadar area of Sibi nine months ago and was subsequently forcibly disappeared. He claimed that Manzoor was later killed in a staged encounter in Barkhan and his body dumped.
Similarly, the mother of Bagan Khan stated that her son had been forcibly disappeared by personnel of state institutions from the Notal area two years ago and was later killed in what she termed a fake encounter in Barkhan.
VBMP Chairman Nasrullah Baloch and Hooran Baloch received the bodies from the Counter Terrorism Department (CTD) and handed them over to the families for burial in their native areas.
Addressing the gathering, Nasrullah Baloch said the killing of previously disappeared individuals in staged encounters constitutes a grave violation of human rights. He called upon relevant institutions to take notice of such incidents, ensure legal action against those involved, and provide justice to the affected families in accordance with the law.
The protest camp demanding the recovery of missing persons and an end to enforced disappearances remains ongoing.

