
Quetta: The Baloch Yakjehti Committee (BYC) has announced a month-long awareness campaign from February 20 to March 20, marking the completion of one year since the detention of its leadership.
In a statement, the committee said the campaign is being launched as one year approaches since what it described as the enforced detention of its central leaders. Those named include BYC chief Dr. Mahrang Baloch, along with Bebagar Baloch, Sibghatullah Shah Ji, Gulzadi and Beebow Baloch.
According to the statement, a crackdown against the BYC began on March 19, 2024, and has continued since then. The committee said the detention of its leaders, delays in bail proceedings and restrictions on political activities form part of broader developments in Balochistan.
The BYC stated that the month-long campaign will aim to raise awareness at national and international levels regarding the detention of its leadership and other issues in Balochistan. Planned activities include social media campaigns, webinars, pamphlet distribution, video messages, publications, symbolic protests and outreach efforts to rights groups.
The committee called on political activists, human rights defenders and civil society members to participate in the campaign, saying collective efforts are needed to highlight concerns related to political freedoms and civil rights.
