London: Jeay Sindh Freedom Movement Observes Second Death Anniversary of Hidayatullah Lohar

WhatsApp Image 2026 02 18 at 10.47.57 AM

London: The Jeay Sindh Freedom Movement (JSFM) observed the second death anniversary of Hidayatullah Lohar in London, United Kingdom, with a commemorative gathering attended by political, social, and human rights activists.

Participants paid tribute by lighting candles and laying flowers in front of Lohar’s photograph. The ceremony was attended by members of the Sindhi diaspora and activists from various organizations.

Among those present were Suhail Abro, Chairman of JSFM, Sarang Sindhi, Coordinator of the Voice for Missing Persons of Sindh – Europe Chapter, Saeed Sindhi, Deputy Coordinator, Mansoor Hub, Press Spokesperson of JSFM, Muhammad Osama Soomro, Coordinator of JSFM UK Chapter and nationalist leader Tahir Khan.

The event began with the Sindhi national anthem, followed by a one-minute silence observed in memory of Hidayatullah Lohar.

Speakers at the ceremony stated that Lohar was shot dead on February 16, 2024, in Nasirabad, Sindh, in what they described as a targeted killing carried out by state operatives. They claimed that although the perpetrators were identified, no arrests have been made in the case so far.

According to the speakers, Lohar had previously been subjected to enforced disappearance in 2017 and was released after two years. They said he continued to receive threats following his release, which they believe ultimately led to his killing.

Participants also expressed concern over what they described as ongoing human rights violations in Sindh, including enforced disappearances and extrajudicial killings.

During the event, speakers appealed to international human rights organizations, including Amnesty International and the United Nations, to support calls for justice, ensure a transparent investigation and help bring those responsible to accountability.

News Editor

Next Post

BNM Chairman Says Baloch Nation Face Systematic Abductions and ‘Staged Encounter’ Killings

Wed Feb 18 , 2026
QUETTA: The Chairman of the Baloch National Movement (BNM), Dr Naseem Baloch, has said that the Baloch people are facing what he described as systematic abductions and staged encounter killings, Saying Pakistani security agencies of targeting youth, students, political activists and civilians. In a statement shared on social media platform […]
Dr Naseem Baloch

Zrumbesh English

Truth, Resistance, & Freedom

Zrumbesh English, presented by Zrumbesh Broadcasting Corporation, delivers news and reports in the English language through text, audio, and video formats.

Zrumbesh English