
QUETTA, BALOCHISTAN: The Balochistan Liberation Front (BLF) has claimed responsibility for a series of attacks on Pakistani military camps, checkposts and installations across multiple districts of Balochistan, resulting in the killing of three military personnel and injuries to several others, along with significant material losses including the destruction of a military quadcopter and a communications tower.
The claims were made in an official statement issued by BLF spokesperson Major Gwahram Baloch.
Mand, Kech — May 17, 2026
In the most recent attack, BLF fighters targeted a Pakistani military checkpoint at Surap Border in Mand at close range on May 17, 2026. According to the statement, three personnel on duty outside the post were killed on the spot.
Following the initial strike, fighters reportedly targeted additional personnel positioned inside bunkers using heavy and automatic weapons, inflicting further damage to the defensive structure of the checkpost.
The statement said that after the operation, the military attempted to pursue the fighters using drones, however the fighters withdrew safely using what the group described as exceptional guerrilla tactics.
Jhao — May 15, 2026
Two days earlier on May 15, 2026, BLF fighters attacked a Pakistani military security post in the Doleji area of Jhao using heavy and automatic weapons. The statement claimed the attack resulted in casualties and material losses for the military.
During the attack, the group said the military deployed a quadcopter in an attempt to target the fighters, which was shot down mid-air by BLF sarmachars.
Shapuk, Kech — May 13, 2026
On May 13, 2026, BLF fighters carried out what the group described as a coordinated attack on the main camp of the Pakistani military and adjacent security checkposts in the Shapuk area of Kech.
According to the statement, different units of fighters simultaneously targeted the military camp and checkposts from multiple directions using modern, heavy and automatic weapons. The group claimed the operation resulted in severe damage to the main camp and outer checkposts, with stationed personnel suffering casualties and material losses.
Hub — April 29, 2026
In an earlier incident on April 29, 2026, BLF fighters targeted a state communications tower equipped with surveillance devices in the Duriji area of Hub, setting fire to the machinery. According to the statement, all critical equipment and related machinery installed on the tower were burnt and destroyed as a result of the attack.
BLF Reaffirms Responsibility
In its statement, the Balochistan Liberation Front formally claimed responsibility for all four attacks, including the killing of three personnel and the targeting of camps, checkposts and the communications tower across Mand, Jhao, Shapuk and Hub.
