BLA Claims 22 Attacks: 26 Personnel Killed; Several Bridges, Police Stations, and Security Posts Destroyed With Explosives, Nine Commercial Vehicles Disabled

BLAJ new logo

QUETTA, BALOCHISTAN: Balochistan Liberation Army (BLA) spokesperson Jeeyand Baloch said in a statement that the group’s fighters carried out 22 operations over eight days, targeting Pakistani security forces, state-backed “death squad” personnel, and military and economic installations.

The attacks, he claimed, killed 26 personnel and injured several others, while one death-squad member was captured alive during a raid. He said fighters destroyed several bridges, police stations, and security posts with explosives, disabled nine commercial vehicles under what he called an economic blockade, and struck security forces in multiple IED attacks. He added that two BLA fighters were Martyred in clashes during the same period, and said that security forces responded to their losses by killing detained missing persons in staged “encounters” and bombing civilian populations.

According to the statement, On August 9, fighters seized three commercial vehicles at Nokchah on the Quetta-Taftan trade route in Chagai, and that night detained police “Eagle Squad” personnel on Quetta’s Qambrani Road, confiscating their weapons.

On August 10, fighters detained police at Zomi on the main Kharan highway and destroyed the post with explosives before releasing the personnel with a warning.

On August 11, in an intelligence-based raid in Sorap, Balida, fighters killed the alleged leader of a “death squad,” identified as Muslim Jayand, and left four associates named as Mohibullah, Dara, Ahmed, and Talha badly wounded; one more was captured. Baloch described Jayand as responsible for targeted killings and enforced disappearances in the area, allegedly with the backing of security forces.

On August 12, fighters destroyed Chahtar police station in Chagai and attacked security vehicles at Bartagzi. That night in Yakmach bazaar, three commercial vehicles were disabled and one seized. Separately, in Rodinjo, Kalat, a remote-controlled IED struck a security convoy, killing a claimed 17 personnel and destroying one vehicle; in Sorab, another IED attack on a security vehicle killed 3 more.

On August 13, fighters attacked police lines in Panjgur’s Chatkan area with a grenade, injuring one officer, and destroyed surveillance cameras and a quadcopter in Balida’s Gilli area. A company vehicle was torched in Chagai’s Taloo area, and an attack at Badal Karez Cross in Noshki killed 2 personnel.

On August 14, an IED fitted to a motorcycle struck a security convoy in Turbat, killing 3 and injuring 4. The same day, the statement claimed, fighters fired grenade launchers at an official event near Quetta’s Zarat Colony where CTD and security personnel were gathered, and struck a camp in Noshki’s Ahmedwal area. Two more vehicles were disabled in Bartagzi, and a railway track was blown up at Jojaki.

On August 15, fighters destroyed two security posts and a bridge at Mall Madrassa in Sorab.

The spokesperson also said that security forces launched a ground advance in Panjgur’s Chaidgi area on August 10, which BLA fighters repelled after hours of fighting, though he said two BLA fighters, identified as Wazir Ahmed (alias Zahid) and Jasim (alias Meraj), were killed in the clash.

He further said that, after the setback in Panjgur, Pakistani forces killed three previously forcibly disappeared young men in custody and falsely presented their deaths as having occurred in the Chaidgi fighting. He named them as Hafiz Mudassar, Shoaib, and Peer Jan, giving their hometowns and alleged dates of disappearance, and accused the military’s media wing (ISPR) of staging the account as a genuine “encounter.”

Separately, he said that Pakistani forces carried out an airstrike on Sorab’s Gidar (Gondan) area on August 12, killing 27 civilians, including women and children. He said the group would hold Pakistani forces accountable for these killings and that its campaign would continue “until the establishment of an independent Balochistan.”

News Editor

Zrumbesh English

Truth, Resistance, & Freedom

Zrumbesh English, presented by Zrumbesh Broadcasting Corporation, delivers news and reports in the English language through text, audio, and video formats.

Zrumbesh English